Laptops often fail unexpectedly, without showing any signs of damage. Things like virus attacks, hardware failures, electricity surges, and BSODs happen to all laptops.
If you own a Lenovo laptop, factory resetting it can help solve these issues. In this post, we learn how to factory reset Lenovo devices.
How to Factory Reset Lenovo Laptop
There are two methods you can follow to factory reset your Lenovo laptop. One approach is by using OneKey Recovery, and the other way is using the setup/repair disk. These methods work on Lenovo YOGA, IdeaPad, ThinkPad, and all other models of Lenovo laptops.
Resetting using OneKey Recovery
- You need to check out whether your laptop comes with any recovery key. Locate it on either the left or right side of the device. Sometimes, it can also be there on top of the keyboard adjacent to its power button.
- After finding the key, follow the steps below to reset your laptop.
- First, you must power off your device. If you are unable to turn it off, remove the battery and reattach it.
- Begin the reset process.
- Connect your laptop to a power source and press the Recovery key or NOVO button for five seconds.
- You will see a “Novo Button Menu.” Go through the list of options using the arrow key and choose the “System Recovery” option.
- Now, hit “Enter.”
- Next, you will be in the “OneKey Recovery mode.” Choose to restore from initial backup and tap “Next.”
- Click on “Start” and subsequently “Yes” once you see the prompt to initiate the restoration procedure.
- Have some patience to allow the system recovery procedure to get completed. Keep following the prompts on the screen to set up your device.
In case you cannot find the recovery key on your device, you can follow the second method.
Using Setup/Repair Disk
- Make your device ready to boot from the setup/repair disk. An installation screen will appear. Click “Next.”
- Then, click on “Repair your computer.” You will need to select an option from the screen. Click “Troubleshoot.” Next, choose to reset this PC.
- Two options will appear on the screen. If you’ve forgotten your password, ensure that you check the box displayed.
- Next, check “Remove everything” if you do not have any data on the device. Otherwise, check the “Keep my files” to keep all your files.
- Pick the drive you wish to reset. You can clear all the drives or just your Windows partition.
- You can choose from “Just remove my files,” and another is “Fully clean the drive” as required.
- Now, click “Reset” to initiate the reset.
Do not forget to back up important files before resetting your system. Furthermore, make sure the laptop remains plugged in and does not lose power during the reset.
having your laptop fail can disrupt daily life, especially if you’re a student or a working professional.
Using any of these methods will help you reset your laptop quickly.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.